Thursday 12 January 2017

P3(b) Producing and Reviewing an Off Line Edit

Meaning & Purpose: In this area, I am going to explain how my edition begins by following my plans. I will also put some screenshots to give a better idea of what is going on through the discussion. In this short film, I have found a few location to make the story line go smooth, but most of the scenes that I toke places are in the school area as my crew and I are all boarders. So, some of the scenes will be shown in the screenshot with the discussion below.



The images below are the storyboard that we planned before we moved on to the filming process:


We followed the timeline in our storyboard planning, and we tried to show it in the video as the same as possible compared with the drawings that we have, they reflect the images in our first mind. In my opinion, I think that it was quite successful even though we didn't film the scenes in the bar (bottom side of image 4). We also bring our script and storyboard with us when we have to move on to a new location and film the scene that we decided to film on that day. The images below explain well how do the stories goes through the process.


The screenshots above are the scenes that I took place in school, it includes the main entrance, beside Astro, sixth form common room, Wesley boarding house, and chapel. The story is basically telling that Gladys was going to leave and she wrote a letter to Marco. She put the letter at the entrance of his house door. Marco was sad after she left and he didn't know where to find her until the day his friend Bosco found her status with a photo on Instagram. At the same time, Marco got a business trip with the same location as her, then he went to find her.


These screenshots above are the scenes that I took outside the school, including the park next to the Canterbury town bus station, Canterbury town, and Canterbury west train station. For the park, I filmed the scenes of their memories and the time capsule was hide at the end. Marco was trying to find Gladys in the Canterbury town as he knew that she was near that area. He asked people there have they seen her before, however they met and Gladys tried to leave him again.

There are also some scenes that we didn't film such as the bar and business room scene. For the bar scene, I find out that both of the cast are not over 18 yet, and the bars didn't let us do our filming inside the bar, we decided to give up this scene. For the business room part, we did some filming for that scene actually, but we find out the quality and pictures are not same as our mind then we also decided to not use them to link our short film. At the end, it doesn't cause a big issue, because the storyline is not linking together. This can be shown in the survey, one of my questions is asking the audiences are they understand the storyline of the short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment