Thursday 12 January 2017

P4 Focus Group Screening & Feedback

Meaning and Purpose:

It is vital by given the correct certification to the film, even this is only a private student coursework short film. Because this is actually against the law if not suitable rate the film by ages or without any consideration behind to classify. Therefore, there are an Organisations called the BBFC are required to note any dangerous of criminal activities on a DVD, and it usually appears at the beginning of the movie or any promotional activities including poster, advertisement, etc. A suitable certification gives a better idea to people of the movie basically is about.

The commercial implications of incorrect certification of films can be dangerous. Firstly it is illegal as I mentioned before. Secondly, if the movie contains violence, bad languages, drugs; and I rate it as U. This may affect a young child's psychological quality or their growths.

 U


PG


12A &12

15

18


Below there is a focus group video that was recorded by my Media teacher during my media lesson time. So, what we did was we watched the product and they gave me feedback right after watched. It was really good to have their comments and advice on the product as they are all media students which mean that they are able to give me professional comments.



In the video of the focus group, I explained briefly about the storyline of the short film and giving explanations about the purpose of doing both languages subtitles. My focus group agrees that I rated my video as 'U' (any age group) because the video only has a tiny violence which is the scene of Marco grabbing Alex's shirt in the common room scene, there is also no strong languages as I put a sad romantic piano song as the background. They also think the size of the subtitles are alright which I think its a bit small, and Kent has mentioned that the Chinese subtitle is not necessary to have and rather to have a greater size of English subtitles. He also mentioned about the audio translations are not really good in the scene of Marco and Alex argue, and I have improved that after to this advice.

Furthermore, I have made a questionnaire, which related to my short film 'Here After Us'. There are questions and rating about the certification rating and editing skills. Personally, I do not think it should be rated other than 'U' as it doesn't contain any bad language or drugs. I hope people can give appropriate feedback on my questionnaire.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IWAYkbr9r6PyH4roFqJl30LDiOU87FKzYkN_aPklXnk/prefill

No comments:

Post a Comment